How to install large format tile: instructions
Installation: suggested tools
- 3mm-tile trowel
- 10mm / 10mm V-notch trowe
- Rubber trowel
- Special device for the plate’s pulling-over
- Levelling wedges
- Check the laying substrate has no cracks, it is homogeneous and mature, totally clean and flat. Maximum deviation from flatness of 1mm per 2 meters length measured.
- First apply the adhesive onto the back of the slab with a 3mm-tile trowel.
- The recommended adhesive is C2TE S1 and it must be spread over in one direction only.
- At the same time, spread the adhesive onto the floor substrate using a 15mm U-notch or a 10mm V-notch trowel and following the same direction as previously applied to the back of the slab.
- Using the appropriate sucker frame, position the slab on the adhesive bed, being careful to maintain a minimum joint of 3mm.
- Tap the slab with a rubber trowel for a complete fixing, ensuring the air is expelled. It is recommended to start from the center of the slabs and then to move towards the edges.
- Complete the laying operations using a suitable sealant, while keeping at least a 3mm joint through the use of spacers. To make this task easier, use the special device for pulling over the slabs, available on the market.
- Leveling wedges at each linear meter of the slabs are recommended.
For wall cladding, follow the same procedure as previously shown in the floor installation section. Remember to apply the adhesive using a 15mm U-notch or a 10mm V-notch trowel, and spread towards one direction only. Complete the laying operations using a suitable sealant, while keeping at least a 3mm joint through the use of spacers (7,8). For outdoor laying, keep a 5mm wide joint. Leveling wedges at each linear meter of the slabs are recommended also for wall cladding.