How to handle large format tiles: instructions
How to handle: suggested tools
- Parallel and transverse guides
- Reinforced trolley
How to handle: detailed instructions with images
For handling the slabs, as well as for cutting and laying, Florim recommends the use of a kit of devices designed especially for large sizes.
- To increase rigidity and limit twisting, use a system composed of parallel and transverse guides for manual handling of the 160x320cm slab.
- For a perfect adhesion clean the slab and the suckers with a damp sponge.
- This device also has suckers that run along the guides and adhere to the ceramic slab. Make sure that a vacuum is created between the device and the surface. A single guide device can be used for sizes of 150cm maximum length.
- Florim recommends to carry out handling operations of the 160x320cm slab with four operators at the same time.
- Lift the slab along the long side and hang it vertically to the handles of the frame.
- Set the guides to the trolley needed for carrying the slab. For the 160x320cm size a suitably reinforced trolley is recommended.
Florim recommends the same procedure for handling the 120x240cm and all other sub-sizes, where only two operators are sufficient.
How to handle decorated products
When handling, avoid contact with abrasive material, do not leave utensils or other objects on the slab’s surface.