The advantages of 20 mm porcelain stoneware
The technical characteristics of the porcelain stoneware double – along with the thickness – to meet the needs of any type of outdoor application.
- The material – squared and rectified – has extremely high resistance to loads and traffic
- It does not change color or size and it does not deteriorate over time
- It is chemical resistant (including additives for pools and common household detergents)
- It is weather resistant (rain and wind), salt, corrosion and mildew resistant
- It is non-slip/non-skid (R11 A+B)
- Easy to clean
- Does not scratch
- Frost and fire resistant
- Does not require specific treatments or seasonal maintenance
- The light colors, carefully selected, have a high solar reflectance index. In other words, the material does not absorb much heat and does not become hot to the touch.
Unlike other materials such as wood, natural stone and cement, porcelain stoneware is not porous and therefore it does not absorb liquids. This means that it does not stain or crack and it does not require surface treatments or special maintenance.
The product – obtained from a fusion of sands, clays and feldspar – is pressed at 400 kg/cm2 and fired at 1200 degrees Celsius to become a material with incomparable mechanical characteristics.